WEST READING, Pa. - After four decades, a staple on Penn Avenue in West Reading is going out of business.
The owner of Bridal Fashions said she feels like the time is right to step down.
Adeline Schmehl said the decision to close was hard because she's kept busy and had great customers.
She's seen a lot of changes in the wedding industry since her business opened in 1972.
She even remembers helping women from multiple generations of the same family prepare for their wedding day.
"Oh my God. Tons and tons of weddings," said Schmehl. "And they were so nice and they all wrote me beautiful letters, all thanking me and telling me how beautiful everything was."
Schmehl said her fussy staff helped make sure things looked as good as possible.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe