READING, Pa. - David Buchanan pitched into the ninth inning to help lift Reading over Richmond, 4-1, on Monday night at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Buchanan pitched 8.1 innings of one-run baseball, striking out five and scattering five hits. The win was the the fifth of the season for the righty.
Reading was paced offensively by a pair of long balls. Anthony Hewitt ripped a two-run home run in the fourth inning. Albert Cartwright followed him up with a solo shot in the fifth.
The Fightins will continue their series with the Flying Squirrels on Tuesday night in Baseballtown.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses