BIRDSBORO - Exeter's Eric Burkhart recorded a hat trick, including the game-winner in overtime, to lift the Eagles to a 3-2 win over division-rival Daniel Boone on Tuesday.
Burkhart's first two goals came in the first half. One was off an assist from Cody Hart. The other was a header off a corner-kick from Tristan Watts.
But early in the second half, the Blazers came alive. Andrew Templin sent a free kick into the box and Jaxson Burns headed it home to make it a 2-1 game.
Three minutes later, Jason Burns buried a header off a throw-in from Brenden Valverde to tie the game at 2 and, eventually, send the game into overtime.
In the first overtime period, Sam Feehrer got the ball in the box and chipped it over a few defenders before eventually finding Burkhart on the goal line for the open net game-winner.
Exeter (7-0, 10-3) clinched the Berks I title. Daniel Boone (5-3, 9-4-1)has just two divisional contests left next week before the county tournament.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts