READING, Pa. - Work to fix one of Reading's major gateways has been pushed back.
The Berks County Commissioners said repairs to the Buttonwood Street Bridge between Reading and West Reading should start in September or October.
The commissioners said last week that the work would start in July.
Once it does, the more than 80-year-old bridge will be closed for up to two years.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Updated Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death