KUTZTOWN, Pa. - There's no more time to rest for basketball teams in the PSAC. Conference play has resumed and for KU, that means two games in two nights this weekend.
KU began that tough stretch Friday night against California (Pa.) in a men's/women's double-header. Despite a tough fight from both teams, the Vulcans proved too much.
The women tipped things off at Keystone Arena with Cal escaping victorious 69-65. Advia Campbell paced the Golden Bears with a double-double (16 points, 11 rebounds).
Ryah Gadson dropped 18 points for the Vulcans, including two clutch free throws down the stretch to seal it for Cal.
Before the game, KU's Ashley Wood was honored for scoring her 1,000th career point on Sunday.
The men played in the nightcap and once again, the Vulcans won in tight fashion, 79-71.
Micah Fraction and Abdul King each registered 17 points to lead Kutztown.
California's Keith Lowe was the game's high scorer with 23 points.
The Kutztown men and women each return to action Saturday against nationally-ranked Indiana (Pa.).
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association