EXETER TWP., Pa. - For some local businesses, Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year.
Flower shops like Heck Brothers Florist in Exeter Township and Wyomissing are arranging hundreds of bouquets, filled with red roses and balloons.
From sweet smells to sweet tastes, customers are also heading to bakeries and chocolate shops, like Sweet Surprises in West Reading, for a tasty way to say "I love you."
"You'll always have the regular fine chocolates, but you know, if they want to do something a little special, that's when they pull out the cashew patties and the strawberries," said Jennifer Bednez, chief chocolate officer at Sweet Surprises.
Other popular edible gifts include chocolate-covered pretzels and chocolate roses.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring Ar-15s
- Updated New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Updated Sarah McNary talks personal color analysis
- Updated Fifth week of Pawlowski pay-to-play trial wraps up
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Filmmaker Gershin Hinkson discusses Black Panther