MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A local car dealer is donating a new car to help a family dealing with a life-changing injury.
Savage 61 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is raffling off a 2014 Dodge Dart.
Five-thousand raffle tickets will be sold at $10 each. All the money raised will benefit 18-year-old Derrick Redcay and his family.
Last month, Derrick suffered a rare stroke to his spinal cord that left him paralyzed.
If all tickets are sold by June 14, the winner will be picked that day at the "The Derrick Redcay Strong Community Day" at FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading.
The tickets are available for purchase at Alsace Lutheran Church, Goodwill Fire Company and Savage 61.
Police took no chances in their investigation of what appeared to be suspicious package aboard a school bus in Berks County, calling in the bomb squad for a closer look.Read More »
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Route 724 reopens upon completion of rain-delayed rock project
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Hawk Mountain bestows its highest honor on Jack Holcomb
- Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations
- Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Lawmakers send Real ID bill to Wolf, who plans to sign it
- Updated Suspicious package clears school, closes Route 724 in Cumru
- Updated Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Updated Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Route 724 reopens upon completion of rain-delayed rock project
- Updated Police looking for Walmart TV thief in Lower Nazareth
- Updated One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Updated Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam