WYOMISSING, Pa. - Part of Route 222 in Wyomissing, Berks Co., was shut down for much of the Tuesday morning rush hour commute while police investigated a deadly crash.
Carlos Erans Santiago, 52, of Reading, died of injuries he suffered in the wreck, the coroner said.
A car hit a disabled vehicle on the side of the road, and then another car ran into those vehicles around 2:30 a.m. near where 222 North and 422 merge, police said.
Two other people suffered minor injuries.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe