Two men appeared again in court in connection with the stabbing death of a Berks County man in the Bahamas.
Tyler Valles and Robert Schwarz were supposed to be served with a voluntary bill of indictment in connection with the death of Carl Yerger, of Ruscombmanor Township, but the document wasn't ready Monday, officials said.
The case has been adjourned until June.
Valles and Schwarz are charged with manslaughter. Their lawyer said the men acted in self-defense because Yerger trespassed on their boat. They remain free on bail.
Yerger was president of the Oley Valley Youth League.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart
- State police find drugs in false-bottom cans during Nazareth raid