Two men appeared again in court in connection with the stabbing death of a Berks County man in the Bahamas.
Tyler Valles and Robert Schwarz were supposed to be served with a voluntary bill of indictment in connection with the death of Carl Yerger, of Ruscombmanor Township, but the document wasn't ready Monday, officials said.
The case has been adjourned until June.
Valles and Schwarz are charged with manslaughter. Their lawyer said the men acted in self-defense because Yerger trespassed on their boat. They remain free on bail.
Yerger was president of the Oley Valley Youth League.
The City of Reading Planning Commission met Tuesday evening for a regular meeting to review and vote on various land development plans, but not before recognizing the service of one of their own.Read More »
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Fightins suffer season-high 4th straight loss
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- New Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- New Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- New Pa. DEP Holds IESI Landfill Meeting
- New Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting