READING, Pa. - One of the founders of The Hispanic Center was on the receiving end of a surprise Friday.
A rededication ceremony was held to rename the senior center at the Hispanic Center after Angelica Cruz.
Cruz helped create the center, currently located on Washington Street, about 40 years ago.
Cruz traveled from Texas for the ceremony without realizing she was the one being honored.
Cruz told 69 News it was a very emotional day for her.
- Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Police ID victim of fatal pedestrian accident in Marion
- Womelsdorf man killed in crash on Route 501 in Bethel
- Reading businesses prepare for Red Knights watch parties
- Reading High boys receiving huge support from community
- Boyertown girls, clutch in this state tournament, ready for big stage
- Updated Jury reaches verdict in trial of Penn State ex-president
- Updated Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Updated 2 charged in 2013 killing of 16-year-old in Allentown
- Updated Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Updated Prosecutor: Penn State trial jury kept focus on kids
- Updated Health Beat: Operation Walk USA
- Police allege suspect tries to run after officer finds stolen gun
- Woman guilty of kidnapping baby from KOP food court
- Suspect in sex assault case backs out of plea deal
- Air Products announces it will not purchase Yingde Gases Group