READING, Pa. - One of the founders of The Hispanic Center was on the receiving end of a surprise Friday.
A rededication ceremony was held to rename the senior center at the Hispanic Center after Angelica Cruz.
Cruz helped create the center, currently located on Washington Street, about 40 years ago.
Cruz traveled from Texas for the ceremony without realizing she was the one being honored.
Cruz told 69 News it was a very emotional day for her.
A candle is to blame for sparking a fire that displaced four people in Berks County on Thursday, officials said.Read More »
- Reading police seek missing man with Alzheimer's
- Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Cintron looking to make most of fight with Brunson
- BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Berks sheriff nabs attempted homicide suspect
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Updated Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts