READING, Pa. - Downtown Reading will be ushering in the Christmas season in a whole new way this year.
A ceremony to light the city's official Christmas tree at 5th and Penn streets will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 22, the eve of the annual holiday parade down Penn Street.
For the past several years, the tree was lighted during a brief ceremony at the start of the parade.
The ceremony will include choir music, hot chocolate and s'mores, according to the Downtown Improvement District.
The tree will be decorated with ornaments made by local elementary school children.
The parade is scheduled to step off from 11th and Penn streets at 9 a.m. on Sat., Nov. 23, and make its way to 2nd and Penn.
The City of Reading Planning Commission met Tuesday evening for a regular meeting to review and vote on various land development plans, but not before recognizing the service of one of their own.Read More »
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Fightins suffer season-high 4th straight loss
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- New Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- New Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- New Pa. DEP Holds IESI Landfill Meeting
- New Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting