PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - Cesar Hernandez's stint in Baseballtown has come to end for the time being. The infielder has been recalled by the Phillies and will be with the team Tuesday when they open a two game series with the Angels at Citizens Bank Park.
Hernandez lit it up in Reading, batting .340 with an on base percentage above .400 in 26 games.
He made the Phillies' opening day roster, but was only there for about a week.
The move comes in the wake of Jayson Nix being designated for assignment. He can either accept the move to AAA or become a free agent.
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients