RICHMOND TWP., Pa. - Some NFL stars from Berks County are using their golf skills to help the community.
The Gilmore Henne Community Fund is hosting its annual "Rally for Recreation."
Wilson High School graduates Chad Henne and John Gilmore are among the big names golfing at the Berkleigh Golf Club in Richmond Township.
They're raising money to revitalize the Locust Street playground in Fleetwood.
"All the funds go right towards the park and we teamed up IM ABLE again this year," said Henne. "It's a disability where children with disabilities can play on the park."
"This event, we're going to net about $25,000 that will go directly for that project, so it's a pretty big deal for our organization. We really rely on these big fundraisers to fuel our organization," said Gilmore.
The foundation has revitalized several parks in Berks County since it first formed. Work on the Locust Street playground in Fleetwood is scheduled for next weekend.
- Updated Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Updated How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Updated Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem