KENHORST, Pa. - A Reading man is being sought as the driver of a car involved in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Berks County late last year.
Toy Powell is facing charges that include accidents involving death or personal injury and careless driving, according to court documents released Thursday.
Powell, 41, was behind the wheel of a car that hit Mark Holland in the 1000 block of New Holland Road in Kenhorst on December 11, 2016, police said.
The next day, police said they found the striking vehicle -- a black 2006 Infiniti -- behind the 500 block of Pike Street. An investigation revealed that Powell bought the car on November 26.
Powell was last known to live in an apartment in the 300 block of North Ninth Street in Reading. Anyone who knows of his current whereabouts can contact Crime Alert Berks County via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks, or by calling 877-373-9913. A cash reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
Reading police have been handling the investigation because they are contracted by Kenhorst to provide law enforcement services for the borough.
The dreary weather did not stop a big crowd from coming out for the annual Reading Holiday Parade Saturday.Read More »
- 2017 Reading Holiday Parade winners announced
- 69 News crew enjoys Reading Holiday Parade
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- 10 new murals dedicated in West Reading
- Fire in Tilden: 'I don't know how long he would have lasted'
- Updated Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Updated Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem