SHILLINGTON, Pa. - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Shillington. Santa Claus arrived as the borough lit the trees outside borough hall Wednesday evening.
Santa showed up in a special sleigh, escorted by a fire truck. He joined the mayor and council members to ring in the season and fire up the lights on the trees in the heart of town.
Students from Governor Mifflin High School provided the music.
"It welcomes in the Christmas season and people are happy and having a good time. What more can you ask for?" said Shillington Mayor Andy Hivner.
Non-perishable food, paper products, and cleaning supplies were collected for the Mifflin Community Food Ministry.
Members of the Bernville Community Fire Company gathered at the Route 183 overpass of I-78 in Upper Tulpehocken Township as the bodies of Ivan Flanscha and Zach Anthony passed through the area.Read More »
- March for Our Lives rally planned in Reading City Park
- Berks firefighters pay tribute to 2 fallen York comrades
- US Postal Service unveils Mister Rogers postage stamp
- Hamburg fire victim was someone who 'took care of everybody'
- Coroner: Motel fire victim died of smoke inhalation, burns
- Jury: Berks couple guilty in 2-year-old daughter's death
- Updated A mostly dry but chilly weekend in store
- Car crash in Schuylkill County ends in arrest of woman wanted for theft
- Bethlehem car chase ends in crash
- Third Street Alliance in Easton holding fundraiser Saturday
- Style Encore resale shop manager, employees visit 69 News
- Gail Hoover's Birthday Bash fundraiser to be held Saturday
- PSU fraternity pledge death may have been preventable, medical expert testifies
- District arms teachers with rocks in case of school shooter
- History's Headlines: The mystery of Stephen Gould
- Readington middle schooler to compete in Scripps National Spelling Bee