SINKING SPRING, Pa. - A busy road in Sinking Spring remains closed so crews can make emergency repairs under the railroad tracks.
Columbia Avenue is closed from Hull Street to Woodrow Avenue.
Crews on scene told 69 News on Friday that a water main break created a sinkhole near the tracks. However, a supervisor with Berks County Communications now says the source of the closure is the railroad gate.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area.
Sinking Spring police told 69 News that the road would remain closed through Sunday, and might open Monday at the earliest.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying