READING, Pa. - Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Reading.
Officials with the Berks County coroner's office said they were asked Saturday evening to respond to Reading Hospital for a gunshot victim.
Police said there were reports of gunfire in the area of South 16th Street and Perkiomen Avenue in Reading a short time earlier.
Berks County District Attorney John Adams confirmed the victim was shot in the 400 block of South 16th Street.
Adams told 69 News that the shooting is being investigated as a homicide and that no one is in custody at this time.
If you know anything that can help police make an arrest in this case, contact Crime Alert Berks County. You can text a tip to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks. You can also call 877-373-9913. All tipsters will remain anonymous.
Whiteout conditions on a snowy stretch of Interstate 78 triggered an accident that closed a 12-mile stretch of the westbound lanes in Berks County.Read More »
- Snowfall totals in Berks: How much snow did you get?
- Cumru police chief: Fraud, theft trending high in township
- Road crews getting job done as 2nd round of snow hits Berks
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job
- Berks steak brand lands coveted Twitter verification
- Updated Whiteout on I-78: Truck barrels through stopped traffic
- Former Parkland HS teacher sentenced for sexual relationship with student
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Updated Officials shut down multi-state meth trafficking organization
- Updated Footprints in the snow lead police to alleged burglar
- Updated Lawyer for convicted AG: Investigator had too much power
- Updated Free radon test kits available to Lehigh Valley residents
- Updated Victims' needs surveys open in Pennsylvania
- Updated Pennsylvania's first medical marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem