SHOEMAKERSVILLE, Pa. - The coroner is releasing new details about a deadly stabbing in Shoemakersville.
An autopsy was conducted on Stephen Leibensperger Tuesday night.
The Berks County coroner said the 49-year-old had been stabbed in the chest.
He ruled the death a homicide.
Police found Leibensperger's body at a house in the 700 block of Chestnut Street Monday.
They arrested Michael Walker, 29, in connection with the stabbing.
Investigators said jealously and robbery are two possible motives.
They said Leibensperger had just moved into the home a week and a half ago.
And until recently, they said Walker had been involved with the homeowner.
Police are still searching for Walker's father, Mark Ellis, and his stepbrother in connection with the stabbing.
The men are also accused of stealing $12,000 and two guns from the home.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival