HAMBURG, Pa. - The Berks County coroner identified the pregnant woman and two young children who lost their lives in a fast moving house fire in Hamburg over the weekend.
The victims are Jennifer Wilder, 27, and her sons, Gabriel Kalinofski, 5, and Julian Gust, 2, according to Jonn Hollenbach, assistant chief deputy coroner.
The victims were found on the second floor of their home in the 400 block of South Fourth Street after a fast-moving fire erupted late Saturday night.
"It just looked like a house with Christmas lights on. That's what it reminded me of," said Gerald Schreffler. "The railings and everything were burning. I just couldn't understand why it went that fast."
A fourth victim -- a man -- managed to escape the burning home by jumping from a bedroom window, officials said. He was initially transported to the trauma center at Reading Hospital and then transferred to the burn center at Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown.
"When you looked out, you saw nothing but flames. It was from the bottom of the grass all the way up, like a big fire ball," said Ashley Neider.
Two dogs also died in the fire.
A state police fire marshal is working to find the cause of the fatal fire.
In a world as polarized as ours, two cornerstones of convenience store satisfaction separate us like nothing else.Read More »
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Funeral draws hundreds for boy, 12, born with half a heart
- VF Outlet adjusting to new home at 'The Knitting Mills'
- Southwest offers apology, $5K to passengers on damaged jet
- Wrong-way driving precedes crash on Route 61 in Berks
- Plane passenger dilemma: Protect child or try to save victim
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- Food Truck food drive draws a crowd
- WFMZ & Dorney Park Team Up For 2nd Food Truck Food Drive For Second Harvest
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet