ST. LAWRENCE, Pa. - An accident has closed a stretch of Route 562 in Berks County.
The crash brought down a pair of utility poles and wires in the 3600 block of St. Lawrence Avenue / Route 562 in St. Lawrence around 2 a.m. Friday, according to emergency dispatchers.
Utility crews have been on the scene, working to make repairs so that the road can be reopened.
Police have not yet provided any information about the accident, including whether anyone was injured.
Some dogs scheduled for slaughter are getting a second chance at life.Read More »
- Berks business overcomes 2 moments of adversity, reopens
- Woman steals donations for children's hospital, police say
- Nesby takes over at Muhlenberg; Mifflin girls eye big season
- Pa. Senate passes bill to rename I-176 in Berks for veterans
- Berks native Steven Swavely recalled by Phantoms
- Casino owners to get first shot to bid on new mini-licenses
- Area to be clipped with some snow Wednesday night
- Human remains identified as missing 38-year-old woman
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Updated Behind the scenes of beautyblender
- Health Beat: Vaccine for sarcoma reprograms immune system
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Warming centers increase in importance during winter months
- Mack Trucks to hire 400 people next year
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Judge rules in favor of national Presbyterian Church