ST. LAWRENCE, Pa. - An accident has closed a stretch of Route 562 in Berks County.
The crash brought down a pair of utility poles and wires in the 3600 block of St. Lawrence Avenue / Route 562 in St. Lawrence around 2 a.m. Friday, according to emergency dispatchers.
Utility crews have been on the scene, working to make repairs so that the road can be reopened.
Police have not yet provided any information about the accident, including whether anyone was injured.
Reading residents who want to get their cars off the snow-covered streets can now park for free in some center city garages.Read More »
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (noon)
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- BARTA buses rolling through storm; most Bieber buses idled
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (2 p.m.)
- 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (1 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (2 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's traffic update (2:30 p.m.)
- Updated DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show delays Thursday opening
- Updated Allentown opens parking decks to residents
- Updated LANta shuts down routes Wednesday afternoon
- Some Reading garages opened for free parking during storm