RICHMOND TWP., Pa. - A two-vehicle accident resulted in the spill of approximately 100 gallons of diesel fuel on Route 222 in northern Berks County.
The accident happened shortly before 11:30 a.m. Tuesday on Route 222 North, near Route 662, in Richmond Township.
A tractor trailer sideswiped a truck that was in the center lane, attempting to turn left into the Hess Express gas station, police said.
No one was injured in the accident, but the impact damaged the tractor trailer's fuel tank, resulting in the spill of about 100 gallons of diesel fuel, police said.
Travel was slowed through the area while firefighters and various state agencies cleaned up the spilled fuel, police said.
The Oley Valley High School baseball team honored a fallen teammate on Friday.Read More »
- Garner's grand slam propels Blazers in District 3 opener
- Local PIAA Track and Field top finishers
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison