CUMRU TWP., Pa. - A crash slowed the Monday morning commute on the West Shore Bypass in Berks County.
The crash, which happened around 8 a.m. on the eastbound side of Route 422, forced officials to close the highway at the Interstate 176 interchange in Cumru Township.
Officials said traffic on Route 422 was stopped due to a high volume of vehicles trying to get onto I-176.
One vehicle didn't stop in time and rear-ended another, causing the crash. A total of three vehicles were involved.
There were heavy delays in both directions.
Two people were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The highway reopened to traffic in both directions just before 10 a.m.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem