WEST READING, Pa. - Some local Jimmy Buffett fans gathered Tuesday night for a good cause.
The Berks County Parrotheads met at the 3rd and Spruce Cafe in West Reading to present a check for nearly $10,000 to Crime Alert.
The money will fund rewards for citizens who call Crime Alert with tips that may lead to arrests.
"It helps all the police officers, the DA, the local police, state police, everybody involved in the county, the sheriffs, to help solve crimes. And sometimes one tip will help solve several crime," said Denny Lorah.
To date the Berks County Parrotheads have donated more than $100,000 to Crime Alert.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest