READING - The Alvernia men's basketball team has won three straight games following a blowout loss at Stevenson in November. The Crusaders most recent victory was over rival Albright.
Head coach Mike Miller appreciates that his team has caught fire after an ugly game. He didn't think that his team fully accepted that they would get the opposition's best shot every time they took the floor this year. Recall, Alvernia went to the NCAA Tournament last year following a MAC Commonwealth championship.
But the Stevenson loss put things into perspective for his squad, and ever since, they'll rolled out wins over conference foes Lycoming and Albright while also taking practice more seriously.
The Crusaders will be on the road for much December before returning home just before New Years.
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Warm again today with some sunshine