On a rainy Tuesday that saw many postponements, the Boyertown baseball team earned a weather-shortened 5-0 win over Spring-Ford in the District I semifinals.
At Immaculata, Tyler Bauman tossed a no hitter through 4.5 innings, leading the Bears to a 5-0 win over PAC-10 rival Spring-Ford in the District I semifinals. The lefty struck out 6 on the day.
Boyertown will meet either Conestoga or Methacton in District finals on Thursday night.
In a District III-AA softball semifinal at Garrett Field, the defending state champions, Brandywine Heights, fell to Delone Catholic, 9-4. The BCIAA champions will not advance to the PIAA tournament.
The following area games were postponed due to weather:
Baseball (District III semifinals) -
AAAA - Exeter vs Cedar Cliff - Wednesday, 6:00 at Fredericksburg
AAA - Oley Valley vs Northern York - Wednesday, 6:00 at Ephrata
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations