READING, Pa. - A Berks County man who admitted to traveling to Virginia for sex with a 14-year-old girl is now being forced to return there to face criminal charges, according to law enforcement authorities.
Devon Feltenberger was apprehended Wednesday by detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office.
An investigation by the DA's detectives and police in Hopewell, Virginia, revealed that Feltenberger sent the girl sexually explicit photos through Facebook's instant messenger program and had numerous nude photos of her on his phone, officials said.
Detectives said Feltenberger, 23, of Muhlenberg Township, then admitted during their interview with him that he traveled to Virginia at least twice to have sex with the girl.
Feltenberger is facing charges of online enticement of a minor and child pornography-related offenses. A warrant has been issued for his extradition from Berks County to Virginia.
Authorities said their investigation of Feltenberger was prompted by reports from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
- Boy,12, with half a heart, named Amity Township 'mayor'
- One Tank Trip: Pop culture exhibit at Reading Public Museum
- Lonnie Walker returns to play in front of hometown fans
- West Reading's Christmas tree in place for 89th lighting
- Tractor trailer crashes on I-78 in northern Berks
- Families from Puerto Rico enjoy early Thanksgiving in Berks
- Police: Men rob gas station, escape on bicycles
- Updated Man's arm grievously wounded in workplace accident
- Suspect in custody 24 years after deadly Allentown stabbing
- 5-year-old with terminal brain cancer donates toys to CHOP
- Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge: 'Great to be alive'
- Tips to keep holiday dinner conversation civil
- New He served soup to the needy for 17 years; now he needs help
- New Easton bonfire burns bright ahead of big game
- Bethlehem Council votes to regulate neighborhood Airbnb
- Generosity pays for Firth Youth Center memberships