READING, Pa. - With mid-January upon us, the Baseball talk is starting in Berks County. The Phillies bring their group to town next week, but Thursday night it was the Hot Stover's Banquet that honors some of the top players and teams from within Berks County from last year.
Among the honorees this year were the Daniel Boone softball team and the Shillington Legion baseball team. Also honored was the 1983 Reading High state champion baseball team, which was celebrating its 30th anniversary.
The keynote speaker was a guy that narrowly missed out on making it into the Baseball Hall of Fame again this year, former Atlanta Brave and Philadelphia Phillie Dale Murphy.
His message talked about living life the right way so that when the younger people in the audience grow up, they won't have any regrets.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest