READING, Pa. - With mid-January upon us, the Baseball talk is starting in Berks County. The Phillies bring their group to town next week, but Thursday night it was the Hot Stover's Banquet that honors some of the top players and teams from within Berks County from last year.
Among the honorees this year were the Daniel Boone softball team and the Shillington Legion baseball team. Also honored was the 1983 Reading High state champion baseball team, which was celebrating its 30th anniversary.
The keynote speaker was a guy that narrowly missed out on making it into the Baseball Hall of Fame again this year, former Atlanta Brave and Philadelphia Phillie Dale Murphy.
His message talked about living life the right way so that when the younger people in the audience grow up, they won't have any regrets.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22