BIRDSBORO, Pa. - Daniel Boone (3-4, 4-6 in 2013) just missed out on the District III-AAA playoffs last season. But Bill Parks team is focused and motivated to get back to the promised land this season.
The Blazers were the 17th and first team left out of the District playoffs last year, something that didn't sit well with the Blazers this offseason.
But with a core of players back who proved that they could play with anyone last season, Boone is optimistic at its chances to make the playoffs this season. It's a stronger, more physical team this year that is ready to make a statement.
Berks I figures to be tightly competitve, with Daniel Boone, Muhlenberg, Conrad Weiser, Exeter and Governor Mifflin all vying for the top spot.
A longtime dream is about to come true for skateboard enthusiasts in Berks County and beyond.Read More »
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting
- Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Updated Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Updated KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Lehigh Valley talks Trump's first 100 days
- Updated Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting
- Updated Health Beat: First responders save surfer
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic