BIRDSBORO, Pa. - Daniel Boone (3-4, 4-6 in 2013) just missed out on the District III-AAA playoffs last season. But Bill Parks team is focused and motivated to get back to the promised land this season.
The Blazers were the 17th and first team left out of the District playoffs last year, something that didn't sit well with the Blazers this offseason.
But with a core of players back who proved that they could play with anyone last season, Boone is optimistic at its chances to make the playoffs this season. It's a stronger, more physical team this year that is ready to make a statement.
Berks I figures to be tightly competitve, with Daniel Boone, Muhlenberg, Conrad Weiser, Exeter and Governor Mifflin all vying for the top spot.
Reading was subpoenaed by federal authorities once again for documents pertaining to the city's last administration.Read More »
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- Berks Catholic boys top Schuylkill Valley in District 3 quarterfinal
- District 3 Wrestling: 3A quarterfinal recap
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- D-3 WRESTLING: 3A early round highlights
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Near record warmth again today
- Updated 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Updated Police nab pair advertising pot sales on-line
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases