READING, Pa. - Sheriff's deputies in Berks County are turning to technology to bust wanted men and women.
Sheriff Eric Weaknecht said Thursday that deputies will begin using iPads in the field next week.
Deputies will be able to get the latest information and pictures of wanted people.
The iPads will eliminate the need for deputies to return to the department to verify information.
A candle is to blame for sparking a fire that displaced four people in Berks County on Thursday, officials said.Read More »
- Reading police seek missing man with Alzheimer's
- Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Cintron looking to make most of fight with Brunson
- BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Berks sheriff nabs attempted homicide suspect
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts