EPHRATA, Pa. - Kutztown advanced to the District III AA finals with a 3-0 victory over Camp Hill on Friday. Tulpehocken came up short on the other side of the bracket, falling 6-2 to Delone Catholic.
In a double-header hosted at Ephrata, Delone Catholic knocked off Tulpehocken, 6-2, in the early game of the District III AA semifinals.
The Squires led by 4 runs after the first two innings, a deficit from which the Trojans could not recover. Dan Louviaux scored a pair of runs to pace Tulpehocken.
In the later game, Kutztown blanked Camp Hill behind a dominant performance from Andrew Gernert, 3-0.
The West Chester-bound player tossed a complete game, adding an RBI triple in the process, to lead the Cougars into the District III title game against Delone.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying