READING, Pa. - A local filmmaker is trying to raise money to finish a documentary highlighting the murder of a Lehigh County woman.
A kick-off to the fundraising campaign was held Wednesday afternoon at the Goggleworks in Reading.
"Finding Jenn's Voice" looks at the issue of intimate partner homicide, a leading cause of death during pregnancy.
In 2011 authorities say Jennifer Snyder and her unborn child were shot and killed by her boyfriend.
"We were just coming out of Scott and Lacey Peterson on the nightly news for five years, and nobody was talking about this statistic," filmmaker Tracy Schott said.
69 News provided some of the footage for the documentary.
You can learn more about the film and how you can help on the documentary's website.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle