Berks

Fire damages home, injures dog in Reading

READING, Pa. - A fire damaged a row home and injured a dog in Reading on Sunday.

Firefighters responded shortly before noon to the 1100 block of North Fifth Street.

The fire started in a second-floor kitchen and caused heavy smoke damage on both the second and third floors, officials said.

Crews were able to extinguish the flames in about 10 minutes.

At least three people live in the home, but no one was there when the fire started.

The injured dog was taken to a veterinarian for treatment. No people were injured.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars

Berks Area News

Latest From The Newsroom