WEST READING, Pa. - A Berks County man has been charged in a hit-and-run crash that knocked a man off his moped.
Brandon Deppen was committed to the Berks County Jail on charges of accident involving death or injury - not properly licensed, accident involving damage to attended vehicle/property, failure to stop and give information or render aid, and driving with a suspended license. His bail was set at $10,000.
Deppen, 31, was behind the wheel of a Mitsubishi sedan when it hit the rear of a moped at Fifth and Penn avenues in West Reading on Tuesday, police said.
The moped's operator was knocked to the ground, suffering minor to moderate leg injuries, police said. He was taken by ambulance to Reading Hospital for treatment.
Deppen actually got out of his car and helped to move the moped and debris off the street before leaving the scene, police said.
Investigators said they managed to identify Deppen through images captured by nearby surveillance cameras. He was driving with a license that was suspended for DUI, police said.
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Change of plans: Bear Creek to extend season a few more days
- Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News