READING, Pa. - The Royals have been sizzling at home as of late. Reading's win Saturday night over Elmira was the team's tenth straight victory at the Sovereign Center. That mark sets a new team record.
The Royals looked to push the streak to 11 games Monday afternoon against those same Jackals in a matinee game at the Sovereign Center.
Behind goals from Joel Champagne and David Marshall, Reading took a 2-1 lead into the third and final period. That's where things got messy.
In a blitzkrieg, the Jackals rattled off four unanswered goals in the third and final period to capture a 5-2 win over the Royals.
Louie Caporusso netted his second goal in the final frame to tie it at 2-2. Alexander Beauregard, Justin Daniels and Dustin Gazley scored the rest of Elmira's goals in the third.
The Royals head into the all-star break still leading the Eastern Conference by four points. They'll return to action on Saturday, February 26th when Las Vegas visits Reading for the weekend.
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Updated Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Updated President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges