REIFFTON - After winning its first-ever District game in program history last week, the Exeter football team is riding big momentum into the quarterfinals. Awaiting them is a physical Lower Dauphin team, a style of football that is plenty familiar to the Eagles.
12th-seeded Exeter knocked off the 5-seed Central York last week, 41-24, on the road. They'll need that kind of a performance again this week as the team heads to Hershey for a showdown with the 4th-seeded Falcons.
Matt Bauer is expecting Lower Dauphin to attack with a hard, physical ground game. But this is nothing new for the Eagles, who play in Berks Section I. They've seen that kind of offense all year from teams like Governor Mifflin, Conrad Weiser and Muhlenberg.
Exeter feels up to the test and ready to continue its magical run. Game time is at 7:00 on Friday at Henry Hershey Field (Milton Hershey School).
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead