The Exeter and Oley Valley baseball teams failed to qualify for the state baseball tournament on Thursday night. Berks Catholic will have to play its District final on Friday following more rain in York.
At War Memorial Field in Ephrata, the Oley Valley baseball team lost to Northern York, 4-0, in the District III-AAA semifinals. In order to make the state tournament, the Lynx had to beat Northeastern in a state qualifier immediately following that game.
Once again, the Lynx were on the short end of an 8-6 decision, eliminating them from PIAA contention.
In Fredericksburg, Exeter did not fare much better in the District III-AAAA third place game, falling to Red Land 3-2 in 9 innings. The Eagles missed the state tournament by one spot.
The Berks Catholic baseball team will have to wait until Friday to play the District III-AA championship game. The Saints will meet Susquenita at 4:30 at Santander Stadium in York. The game was rained out on Thursday.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars