REIFFTON - At Reiffton, the Exeter softbal team (0-3, 2-4) scored 8 runs in the first 3 innings to tally an 8-6 win over Fleetwood (1-2, 2-5) on Friday afternoon.
Sydney Manwiller knocked in runs in both innings for the Eagles. Maddie Huie, Alicia DeMille and Emily Olsen also drove in runs in the first inning explosion for the Eagles.
Fleetwood trailed 8-1 heading into the 4th inning. The Tigers nearly rallied over the final innings, but could not complete the comeback.
Exeter visits Ephrata Saturday morning. Fleetwood hosts Twin Valley on Monday.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying