EXETER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - The Exeter Eagles baseball team is the top-seed in the BCIAA tournament this week. The Eagles will face 8-seed Kutztown on Thursday in the first round at Muhlenberg.
Exeter captured a Berks I title this year, going 8-2 within the league. The Eagles were 14-6 overall.
The team attributes its success to strong pitching and timely hits.
The Eagles will need all that and then some when the county tournament starts Thursday.
Here are Thursday's games:
(1) Exeter vs (8) Kutztown - 4:00 at Muhlenberg
(4) Wilson WL vs (5) Governor Mifflin - 6:30 at Muhlenberg
(2) Oley Valley vs (7) Twin Valley - 6:30 at George Field
(3) Conrad Weiser vs (6) Hamburg - 4:00 at George Field
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- Updated Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Updated Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- Updated 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Updated Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- Updated Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Updated BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties