SHILLINGTON - At Shillington, Exeter (7-1, 7-1) posted a 3-1 victory over Governor Mifflin (7-2, 9-2) in a showdown between a pair of the top teams in Berks I. With the win, the Mustangs are just one back of Wilson in the win column for first place.
Ryan Santos led the way for the Eagles with 18 kills. Nicholas Birch added 41 assists and Troy Huntzinger had 15 digs in the winning effort.
Alex Cortellessa paced the Mustangs with 10 kills. Andrew Wasmuth tallied 26 assists.
Exeter hosts Wilson in an enormous match on Thursday. Governor Mifflin visits Cedar Crest next Monday.
An accident involving two tractor trailers closed a stretch of one of Berks County's busiest highways for several hours Wednesday.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Updated Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Updated Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Updated More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Meet Jim Kane, space race computer programmer
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees