REIFFTON - The Exeter wrestling team is the only one from Berks County that is still eligibile to win a District III title at the AAA level. The Eagles will meet Central Dauphin in the semifinals Thursday night at Spring Grove.
When the team took the mats in New Oxford Tuesday, the Eagles hadn't won a District dual in program history.
When the Eagles got on the bus to go home, that streak was history.
10th-seeded Exeter knocked off Solanco in the first round and South Western in the quarterfinals immediately after.
The two wins are firsts in program history at the District level.
The Eagles booked a spot in the semifinals Thursday against perennial power and 3-seed Central Dauphin, the same team that beat Wilson in the quarters.
Exeter knows it has broken ground for the program. But the Eagles also say that there is still more history to be made.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe