MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A fallen pipeline worker has been hospitalized following a difficult operation to rescue her from a trench.
Emergency crews were dispatched around 2:15 p.m. Friday to the 400 block of Mountainside Road in Muhlenberg Township.
A 49-year-old woman working to install a natural gas pipeline in the area slipped and fell into an eight- to 10-foot-deep trench, officials said.
The woman suffered a back injury, but she told rescue workers she could still feel her extremities, officials said.
The remote location made it difficult for rescue crews to reach the scene, so they deployed all-terrain vehicles to aid their efforts and called in a helicopter to transport the victim to the hospital.
Officials had no information about the woman's identity or extent of injuries.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars