DISTRICT TWP., Pa. - A fire ripped through a home re-modeler's small workshop in rural District Township on Thursday.
The fire broke out shortly after 1:15 p.m. in the 200 block of Merkle Road as owner Rick Zunski and a fellow craftsman were building cabinets, officials said.
"They were working on something that made sparks and the spark got into some sawdust and that quickly lit up, and they couldn't do anything about it," said Chief Mike Mutter, Eastern Berks Fire Dept.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
Mutter said the log frame structure was fully involved and starting to collapse when crews arrived to the scene. He said the fire was controlled in less than 20 minutes.
Allentown, PA 18102