WYOMISSING, Pa. - Monday to some was better known as Fastnacht Day Eve.
Preparations for the big day, which is also known as Fat Tuesday, are in full swing at bakeries in Berks County, including at the Wyomissing Restaurant and Bakery on Penn Avenue.
The fastnachts can be eaten plain, topped with sugar, or covered in syrup or molasses.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Unsettled weather continues this weekend
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Some Poconos students relocating due to AR-15 blessing ceremony
- Updated Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Filmmaker Gershin Hinkson discusses Black Panther
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Pottstown YMCA Early Learning Center to relocate
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees