SPRING TWP., Pa. - Graduation will be a family affair for a man and his daughter as they turn their tassels at Penn State Berks.
Mark Dawson and his daughter, MacKenzy, were set to graduate Friday night.
Mark works at Penn State Berks. He's getting an associate degree in business administration.
His daughter will earn a bachelor's in business with a minor in entrepreneurship.
They've been taking courses and studying together since last fall.
"We're finishing, I'm finishing in 2013 with MacKenzy. She's been one of my inspirations, as well as her five sisters," said Mark.
"I loved it. I thought it was the greatest thing, so I was excited he was in a lot of my different classes," MacKenzy said.
Mark said he plans to pursue a bachelor's degree in business. MacKenzy said she's looking at law schools.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown