SPRING TWP., Pa. - Graduation will be a family affair for a man and his daughter as they turn their tassels at Penn State Berks.
Mark Dawson and his daughter, MacKenzy, were set to graduate Friday night.
Mark works at Penn State Berks. He's getting an associate degree in business administration.
His daughter will earn a bachelor's in business with a minor in entrepreneurship.
They've been taking courses and studying together since last fall.
"We're finishing, I'm finishing in 2013 with MacKenzy. She's been one of my inspirations, as well as her five sisters," said Mark.
"I loved it. I thought it was the greatest thing, so I was excited he was in a lot of my different classes," MacKenzy said.
Mark said he plans to pursue a bachelor's degree in business. MacKenzy said she's looking at law schools.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome