ERIE, Pa. - The Reading Fightin Phils fell in Erie on Monday night, 5-4, after allowing three runs in the bottom of the 8th. Reading drops to 2-11 in the month of May.
Mike Nesseth and Mauricio Robles blew a 4-2 lead in the 8th, allowing three earned runs. That spoiled a strong start from David Buchanan, who pitched seven innings of two-run ball.
Albert Cartwright, Jim Murphy, Anthony Hewitt and and Tyson Gillies all notched RBIs for Reading.
The Fightins will continue their series in Erie on Tuesday night at 6:35.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire