RICHMOND, Va. - The Fightin Phils managed just one run against the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Wednesday as the Flying Squirrels won 4-1 to split the two-game set. Fightin Phils starter Perci Garner pitched four innings and allowed run one despite giving up just one hit.
Richmond got on the board first as they scored a run in the bottom of the fourth inning off Garner as Angel Villalona hit a sacrifice fly to score Brett Krill and give the Flying Squirrels a 1-0 lead. The Fightin Phils tied the game at 1-1 in the top of the fifth inning off Flying Squirrels starter Ty Blach as Cesar Hernandez hit a RBI single to score Edgar Duran.
The Flying Squirrels scored a run in the bottom of the sixth inning off Fightin Phils reliever Ryan O'Sullivan as Matt Duffy hit a RBI single to take a 2-1 lead. Richmond added another run in the bottom of the seventh inning as Tyler Graham hit a RBI single off Fightin Phils reliever Mike Nesseth to extend their lead to 3-1. The Flying Squirrels scored their final run in the bottom of the eighth inning as Angel Villalona scored on a throwing error by Edgar Duran.
Ryan O'Sullivan (1-2) took the loss. Ken Giles pitched the bottom of the eighth inning and struck out two batters despite allowing a run.
The Fightin Phils are off on Thursday and resume play on Friday evening in Baseballtown as they welcome in the Harrisburg Senators for two games. First pitch on Friday evening is at 7:05 pm.
Courtesy Reading Fightin' Phils.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death