WYOMISSING - The Reading Fightin Phils have an exhibition game Tuesday and their season opener is at home on Thursday. Still, they were busy Monday because team management set up a meet the team banquet.
The Fightin Phils do have some guys back from last year, most notably Jesse Biddle who hopes to be more consistent on the mound from start to start this season.
Offensively, this is a team that looks like it sets up to play an exciting brand of baseball that includes a lot of running and trying to manufacture runs.
Reading will host AAA Lehigh Valley on Tuesday night at 6:35 in the annual 222 Showcase. They'll open the season in Baseballtown Thursday night vs Portland.
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Muhlenberg, DeSales and Albright women headed to NCAA Tournament
- Neighbor of man shot by police: 'Fear for my family'
- Bucknell's Nana Foulland earns Patriot League Player of the Year honors
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Former Montana West building sold