ERIE, Pa. - The Reading Fightin Phils split a double-header in Erie on Wednesday. The Fightins dropped game 1, 3-1, then rebounded to take game 2, 7-6.
Jesse Biddle got the start in game 1 for Reading. He pitched six strong innings and struck out six, but it was not enough to lift the Fightins.
In game 2, the Fightin Phils scored four runs in the top of the sixth to rally for the one-run victory and salvage a split with the Seawolves. The win was just the third in the month of May for the Fightins.
Reading will begin a seven-game home stand on Friday night against Harrisburg.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart
- State police find drugs in false-bottom cans during Nazareth raid