READING - The Reading Fightin Phils fell to the Richmond Flying Squirrels, 1-0, on Wednesday night at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Jesse Biddle, making his final start in Baseballtown this season, walked 7 over just 3 innings of work. He allowed a run in the first on a ground out to Adam Duvall.
That ground out proved to be the difference. Richmond held Reading to just 4 hits on the night, and the Fightins could not mount a rally as they had done the previous two games.
Reading will play its home finale on Thursday evening when it wraps up the series with the Flying Squirrels.
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Berks man arrested in local check fraud scheme
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned In legal battle
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Updated Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Updated Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned In legal battle
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- Updated BASD seeks several grants
- Updated Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Updated Berks man arrested in local check fraud scheme
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art