READING, Pa. - The Portland Sea Dogs tallied a 7-4 victory over the Reading Fightin Phils on Thursday afternoon to polish off a sweep of the Fightins in Baseballtown.
Portland led 7-0 heading into the bottom of the 6th. Xander Bogaerts and Christian Vazquez homered for the Sea Dogs.
Reading scored four unanswered runs in their last four innings, but the damage had already been done. Tyler Henson and Albert Cartwright each hit their second homers of the season for the Fightins.
Reading heads on the road for six games starting in New Hampshire Friday night.
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe